Natural Neck Pain Treatment with Chiropractic Care
Did you know that about 20% of American adults will experience some sort of acute or chronic neck pain? Neck pain can be incredibly disruptive in your everyday life—affecting your social, physical, and psychological well-being.
If you're suffering from discomfort, chiropractic care provides natural and non-surgical neck pain treatment to help you regain full functionality again and reach long-term wellness.
What Causes Neck Pain?
The cervical spine, also referred to as the neck, starts at your skull's base and contains seven small vertebrae to support the head's full weight. Supporting 12 pounds of weight, your neck allows you to move your head in every direction, which also means it's more susceptible to injuries.
Activities like extended sitting, repetitive movements, and more often result in neck strains and pain. Additional neck pain causes include:
- Accidents and injuries like whiplash or sports-related complications
- Degenerative disorders like spinal stenosis, disc disease, and osteoarthritis that occur with general aging
- Daily life complications like poor posture and obesity that disrupt overall spinal balance
How Does Chiropractic Provide Neck Pain Treatment?
Your Wilmington chiropractor will diagnose the root cause of your neck pain through a medical history assessment and physical examination. Besides providing a personalized neck pain treatment plan, your chiropractor will treat your entire spine to increase your range of motion and overall wellness.
Your neck pain treatment plan may include the following chiropractic techniques:
- Spinal Adjustments: Gentle pressure applied to your neck and spinal joints to increase spine mobility, decrease pain levels and improve functionality.
- Decompression therapy: Computerized traction to reduce pressure on spinal discs and nerves.
- Lifestyle changes: Includes an exercise routine, healthy diet, and ergonomics to minimize repetitive movements and improve posture
Find Neck Pain Treatment in Wilmington
Whether you experience ongoing or short-lived discomfort, chiropractic care provides a holistic neck pain treatment solution to help you return to normal functionality. With over 38 years of providing exceptional patient care, Dr. Kenneth de Groot, D.C. at De Groot Chiropractic Orthopedics, will diagnose your pain and develop a custom treatment plan that meets your needs and lifestyle.
Discover neck pain treatment today by scheduling an appointment with De Groot Chiropractic Orthopedics.